This one is mostly for the girls although I know some glamourous boys as well who might appreciate a tip or two. I gets asked about my beauty routine all the time so I thought I would share some tips I swear by.
1. WATER; Obviously. I shouldn't have to tell you but 2 litres a day will keep your cells refreshed. If you get really ambitious up it to 4. The more water you consume, the less you retain.
2. Always wash off you makeup before you go to bed. I am guilty of the odd night partying later, crashing on a couch, + waking up with my full face on + that icky layer of grease. Avoid this as much as possible, your body is extra vulnerable during sleep + more likely to absorb the toxins sitting on the surface.
3. Alcohol, Cigarettes, + Sugar are your skin's worst enemy. They all promote inflammation which causes tiny blemishes that may have healed to flare up + erupt into monstrosities, forget if you have skin conditions such as rosacea or psoriasis, or stomach ulcers. All things in moderation, try not to worry if you are indulging. Your body's immune system can counter act the odd party if it's kept strong + healthy the vast majority of the time + thoughts have frequency so don't put worrisome thoughts out when you should be enjoying your naughty indulgence. If it makes you feel better, counter act your bad girl ways the day after by loading up on ginger, a natural anti inflammatory.
4. Treat your skin to a nice ancient beauty potion once a week. The recipe as follows:
1 part organic lemon juice
1 part organic apple cider vinegar
1 part unpasteurized organic honey
1 part green tea powder
1 part fine ground oats (I put regular cooking oats in a coffee grinder until fine)
This is full of antixidants, antibacterials, skin lighteners, humectants, + antiinflammatories. You can also add some regular white sugar to make it a scrub. Usually what goes on your skin should be just as good for your insides, sugar is one of the few exceptions; bad for the inside but good for the outside!
5. I use bare minerals powder foundation but a lot of people want fuller coverage. For video + photoshoots I wear MAC liquid foundation mixed with my moisturizer, underneath my powder foundation. This acts as a base coat + primer. Always set your makeup with a translucent powder. I am a major advocate of highlighting. A lot of people ask how I get such a glow to my skin, I've never been one to like a matte finish. I use a shimmery nude eyeshadow usually to highlight my nose, cheekbones, chin + brow bones. This can add so much to people if done properly.
6. Exfoliate your entire body once a week, be careful w/ the delicate skin on your chest though. Even your armpits! Your skin with shed + regenerate new fresh skin faster.
7. Massage you scalp to stimulate blood flow + help your hair grow faster. Wash your hair as little as possible. Twice a week is too much for most people. Once a week is sufficient. This might be difficult at first because your oil glands are over active from over stripping your skin constantly but after the first month your scalp will adapt + begin to secrete much less sebum. Condition your ends every time you shower.
8. Do yoga or at least stretch! Creating space within the body reflects in creating freedom in your life. Also, the more motion + control you have over your body the sexier you will feel. If you cannot touch your toes you have serious work to do!
9. Less is more when it comes to showing skin. That may sound strange coming from a stripper but if in doubt show less. There is nothing worse than a girl who looks cheap. Choose your best asset + showcase it. Don't wear a tube top w/ booty shorts unless you are Pamela Anderson, at a fetish party, or onstage. That being said I am all for experiementing with fashion. I would rather see more people dressed as the crazy man downtown who wears thongs over spandex, than the average Walmart goer in sweatpants + a tshirt. Put your personality out there, just be aware of your body type + stick with what flatters.
A few things, I thought could help!
I love you daemons!